The Basics of the Guardian Program
In order for us to give our dogs the best possible home, it is important for us to limit how many dogs we keep at our home. To be a good breeder of quality dogs, however, we need to keep, evaluate, and add quality bloodlines to our breeding program. We like to keep a few of our pick puppies to monitor their growth and development. Some will eventually fit into our breeding program. We prefer to place these pick puppies in guardian homes. A Goldendoodle needs to be a part of the family to develop their full potential. That is why we have a guardian dog program.
We are giving the dog to the guardian family to raise and love and keep as a member of their family. This program allows local families an opportunity to own one of the best Goldendoodles available without paying for it. The family must be approved as guardian parents and agree to abide by our contract of care.
The guardian home program is an excellent deal for the dog, it's a good deal for the guardian parents, and it's a good deal for producing an exceptional Goldendoodle Breeding program. It's one of those "win - win" situations for everyone involved. The family receives a quality, top pick dog for their forever pet. I am able to improve the breed by using only the best for bettering the breed. And the reason we instigated our guardian program, the dog lives in a home as a spoiled pet and gets lots of attention.
Guardian homes must have the following
- Own their own home
- Have their own car to transport the dog
- Prior experience dog ownership is a must
- Be willing to crate and house train the puppy. Must show proof of obedience training. The dog passing K-9 Good Citizenship would be an example of this.
- Afford to provide required high quality food, interceptor, advantix, as well as regular vet checks and vaccines.
- Be prepared to have their own vet listed as a reference
- Fenced backyard to contain the puppy
- Be available to drive dog to and from our home for breeding and whelping
- Keep us updated on the dog’s progress via email
- Be willing to socialize the puppy by taking it everywhere possible and showing her life in general.
This is just a brief overview of the program. If you feel you meet the above criteria and would like to be considered for our guardian program, please contact me and I will forward you a packet.